Cyprus’s Young Cyber Security Talents
The Cyprus Computer Society (CCS) and the CyberMouflons Hacking Community successfully organized the Cyprus Cyber Security Competition (CCSC 20212). The aim of the competition, which took place online from 30 April to 15 May 2022, was to identify the country’s young talents in the field of cyber security. 150 persons participated at the competition, aged 13 and over, students, soldiers, students, amateurs and professionals in the field. The competition in the form of CTF (Capture the Flag) included 42 different types of challenges in topics such as web, reverse engineering, forensics, pwn, steganography, cryptography etc. which were prepared by a group of volunteer mentors.
The organizers congratulate all the participants for their effort and announce the winners with the highest scores:
- Odysseas Stavrou, Student, Technical University of Crete
- Christodoulos Sotiriou, Student, University of Nottingham, UK
- Vassilis Charalambos, Student, Cyprus University of Technology
- Marios Kailis, Student, Apostolos Markos High School
- Joseph Modestou, Student, International School of Paphos
- Andreas Tsouloupas, Student, ETH Zurich
- Christos Falas, Soldier
- Michael Christofi, Student, Melbourne University
- Evangelos Lioudakis, Student, English School
- Panagiotis Gabriel, Student, Imperial College London, UK
- Eleni Ioakeim, Student, University of Copenhagen
- Harris Chatziantonis, Student, University of Southampton, UK
- Giorgos Mavronicolas, Student, Apostolos Markos High School
- Eirinaios Vryoni, Student, Neapolis University Paphos
- H. Sababa, Professional
- Maria Didehvarfoomani, Student, Pascal English School Nicosia
- Paraskevi Christodoulou, Student, Open University of Cyprus
It is noted that 15 participants who meet the criteria of the respective European Cyber Security Competition (Cypriot nationals between the ages of 14-25) will attend training seminars and participate in competitions aimed at establishing the 10-member Cypriot National Team (5 persons 14- 20 years and 5 persons aged 21-25 years). The National Team will compete among 27 other countries in the European Cybersecurity Competition which will be held in Vienna, on 13-16 September 2022.
CCSC 2022 is under the auspices of the Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth, the Cyprus Police and the Digital Security Authority through the Office of the Communications Commissioner. Acknowledgments to the sponsors: Adacom Cyber Security, Defense.com, Deloitte, European University Cyprus, Exness, Frederick University, Grant Thornton, KPMG, Odyssey Cyebersecurity, Oracle Academy, Try Hack Me, University of Central Lancaster Cyprus and XM. The competition is also supported by ΗostingB2B, MVPS.net, ICSI, Offensive Security, RedPoint, Robo Cy, SCP Academy, Silensec, Cyber Ranges.
More information about the competition can be found at www.ccsc.org.cy and on social media.